Monday, October 29, 2012

Lame gifts are the best


The LAMEST gift I ever got was a journal for our senior graduation. Are you kidding?! A journal? So yeah, that was something I put deep into my closet, maybe to re-gift for a girl that would do a girly thing like journaling. BAM I journal now and am probably the most avid journaler you know.

Another LAME gift was the Bible on cassette tapes. BLAH! Someone considered that a gift? Again, way back in the closet. Then one day, I got the urge to use them in my car and...wow. Listening to the Word of God brings a fresh, new meaning and understanding to His Word/Voice.

I got a hat as a gift before and never wore it. For years. Then I realized while I was in the desert in Peru that a hat is an amazing invention.

While I was on the world race, I was on the airplane and got a little travel kit. Travel toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, earplugs, and a few other small things. Wow, those come in handy when you are traveling around the world. Best free thing ever.

So my advice to you: never consider a gift “lame,” because it just might turn into the most AMAZING gift after you humble yourself and realize how God-inspired that gift really was. Be thankful for the little things, and learn what the secret of contentment really is (Philippians 4:11-12). Once you are faithful with the small things, then you will be given greater things (Luke 16:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment