Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a quick update from the Jungle


So interet is a little slow. So I cannot post all the pictures and blog that I want to post, but I’m in the jungles of Ecuador in a little city called: Huaticocha. We are building a missions school for people in the jungle to attend. Then we will send them BACK INTO the jungle to different villages to spread the gospel, because there are UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS HERE! I went to one of them and we took an hour canoe ride into the place and it’s so legit! Some of the tribes are actually the one's that Jim Elliot evangelized to! It’s super legit! Watch 'the end of the Spear' if you want to know more. It’s usually on Hulu.com for free.

So yeah, this school is legit. I’ll post a video to talk more about it! It’s AMAZING! So construction, studying Spanish, visiting jungle tribes in the Amazon rainforest, and getting to know God more (which I’ll ALWAYS be doing).

Recently, there is a LOT on my mind, so please keep me in your prayers about clarity of the Lord’s Voice and also guidance. I just want to do what He wants me to do...

4 comments:

  1. I just watched the end of the spear the other night. (it was the second time) I saw it in theatres when it first came out......coincidence? I think not! Love you, Brent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what?! that is so crazy! love how God does those things! it is so legit how we actually talked to one of the guys from the tribe that the end of the spear was focusing on. now there are 100's of tribes all over the place, so it wasn't the exact one that the Elliot's met, but it was still legit!
      thanks for the love and prayers!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are doing and experiencing awesome things! I'm excited to hear all about in person in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete