Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm leaving for Peru...again

So again, God has called me outside of the states. I recently finished a trip called “The World Race” which is 11 countries in 11 months. It was a pilgrimage that I will never regret going on. God did AMAZING things in my life and I had so many opportunities to talk about Jesus and also to continue to conform to the image of Jesus Christ. One of the countries, #3 Peru, is where I’m going back to. “Inca Link International” is a ministry that has a program that is pretty much exactly what I’ve wanted to do my whole life. Legit.

I will be going there for 7 months (Feb28-Sept22). Some of the ministries that I have an opportunity to work with include working in the children’s home (orphanage), providing daycare for children whose families work in the garbage dump, leading children’s activities, discipleship, having Bible studies and building relationships with the people in the garbage dump, construction projects (mainly the trade school), feeding the less fortunate, and learning how to build a church (body and building). I will begin my training in Ecuador for 1 month and then head back to Peru to continue the work that I have fallen in love with.

I’m so excited for this opportunity; it’s my dream finally coming into reality! I’ve always wanted to build a children’s village and they are going to open the orphanage this year! Also, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be a trash-truck man my whole life, and in month #4 (Nicaragua), we were going to a garbage dump and I was riding on the back of a flatbed truck full of trash and God whispered in my ear, “Garbage truck man,” and I knew that dump ministry was for me! It’s also great to be helping at a school, since I’m a health and physical education teacher, planning activities for the children.


Again, I’m going to need your help. I’m in desperate need of prayer. You can become a pray warrior by e-mailing iwant2pray2@gmail.com and saying that you want to pray too, and then I will send out specific prayer requests. I ask that you would pray for me as I prepare to leave and while I’m in Peru – for safety and health, that the Lord would use me to bless the people of Ecuador and Peru, for God’s grace and peace as I adjust to a new culture and language, and that my heart would be open to what God wants to teach me this season. Spanish is a language I’ve been studying and I would appreciate prayer for the language skills. Also, this is an organization I could see myself partnering with in the future, so please keep my future in your prayers.

Encouragement is also something that I will be needing, daily. I have a blog that you can follow, so you know what I’m doing, which is: www.lunchboxboy.blogspot.com and please comment on it if you feel led! If you would rather receive e-mail updates: e-mail me at urbletter@gmail.com and tell me! Please keep in contact with me!!

And also, believe it or not (haha), I need financial support. I need to raise $950 for each month I will be serving, to help pay for things like airfare, room and board, and transportation in the country.  If you would like to partner with me financially, you can send your contribution to me at 878 Rising Sun Road, Telford, PA 18969.  (Please make all checks payable to "Inca Link International."  Also, do not put my name on the memo line, otherwise your contribution will not be tax-deductable, but rather include a note indicating that this is for support.) You can also give online by going on www.incalink.net and clicking the “Donate” button. Then fill out the information and make sure you specify the donation is for the ministry “INTERN – Brent Frederick”

Thank you for all you are doing for me! If there is anything else that you feel led to do, go for it! My dad has the address of the place I will be staying. Thanks again for your daily prayer! Dios te bendiga!  (God bless you!) 

 
Stand strong,
Brent Frederick                                 
215.723.0515                           
878 Rising Sun Road        
Telford, PA 18969

1 comment:

  1. brennnnnnnt! such awesome news! I am so happy for you. I wish that we could catch up but it doesn't look like that will happen.. I will be home in April and you will be long gone doing your thing! I wish you all the best and may God be with you always!!!!!! Praying for you pal.

    ReplyDelete